Maxwell S. Foley
2595 Bryden Rd. | Bexley, OH 43209 | (614) 378-1741
- Attended the Columbus Academy from fall of 1999 to spring of 2012.
- Ran cross country for three seasons
- Was the co-founder and Chief Justice of the political club
- Honorable Mention in the Scholastic Art and Writing awards
- Achieved a score of 5 on eight separate Advanced Placement tests
- Attended the Rhode Island School of Design pre-college program as a painting major in the summer of 2012
- Attended the Putney School from fall of 2012 to spring of 2013.
- Chose to spend a year at an alternative high school in order to broaden my horizons and have new experiences
- Worked on the school's dairy farm, waking up at 5:30 AM daily to milk cows, clean cow pens, feed sheep, turkeys, pigs, and chickens, among other things
- Worked in the school's kitchen, washing dishes
- Currently am an undergraduate at Washington University in St. Louis
- Pursuing double major in studio art and computer science
- Active in KWUR student radio and the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity
- Worked as an intern at the Department of Biomedical Informatics at the Ohio State University College of Medicine in summer of 2014
Developed Java applet for analyzing miRNA data in cancer patients in order to determine which genes are linked with incidents of melanoma
Designed web-based portal for nurses to relay information to elderly patients
- Worked as a teaching assistant at St. Louis Chess Club and Scholastic Center in the summer of 2015
- Worked on a two-man team to develop an educational video game about the carbon cycle in Adobe Flash
The product was developed under a grant from the National Science Foundation and terrestrial ecologist Ann Elizabeth Russell of Iowa State University.
- Coding (Java, C++, Perl, Python, and others)
- Drawing, painting, working with wood and metal
- Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, Processing, Blender 3D, Abelton Live